to clean makeup brushes is an important step and should be part of your regular beauty routine. It is easy and fast and your skin will be thankful for that. There are sprays for everyday cleaning but I would still recommend to do deep cleaning at least once a month (better every week). Especially when you have problems with your skin (e.g. breakouts) try to clean your brushes more often. This can make a huge difference. I prefer to use normal soap and a makeup brush cleaning mat (~4€ from the drugstore). The silicone mat makes it easier and faster.
- Hold the bristles under the running water. Try to focus on the actual bristles while avoiding the part of the brush where handle meets the head, as this can loosen the glue over time.
- Put some soap on the brush cleaning mat and circle the brush in the soap.
- Wash the brush under the running water until they are clean.
(Do all the steps again if the brush is still dirty)
- Circle the clean brush in a flannel and reshaping the bristles
- Lay your brushes flat on a flannel to dry.
I use the thicker touch-points for bigger brushes (e.g. powder brush) and the thinner ones for small brushes (e.g. eyeliner brush)